Tuesday, 15 May 2012

Checking in


Well hello there.

At long last – beginning to think it would never happen - I'm all packed and ready to take off on Beejay's Travels. I'm so glad that you're going to join me on what promises to be a fantastic journey. Wow, how exciting!

Okay, I may not be able to take you to Vladivostok or Lake Titicaca - not at the moment anyway - but I will visit some really great spots, and it wouldn't be the same without you right here with me.

So, last minute check:

Got your passport? Sure? Has it got at least 6 months left in it?
Okay, great.
Cancelled the newspapers and the milk?
Wonderful – oh, and the cleaner as well. Excellent.
Set the timer on the lights so no baddies know you're away?
Tops - you're a legend.
Dropped Fido off to his boarding kennel?
Bow wow, yes. As if you’d forget that!
Packed a couple of good books to read?
Oh, I love that one myself - great choice.
Got your tummy tablets, just in case?
No, red cordial will not suffice.

Right, the taxi should be here any moment, so I'll just dash to the loo before we leave. Why don't you just wait outside with the luggage, and I'll be with you in a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment